This was how I was! We were accidental homeschoolers and while I was lucky enough to stumble upon Time4Learning for our curriculum... after that, I was like ...now what! You need a little homeschool help!
- Am I doing it right?
- What are our legal requirements in Oregon?
- Will I screw up my kids?
- Do I need to teach them more?
- Do they have enough to keep them busy?
- Is school only supposed to take 3-4 hours?
- Do I need supplemental science for kids? What about Math?
And on and on.....
First, step back and breathe!
- Yes, you are doing it right! Benefit of homeschooling is that as long as you are doing something that is learning, you are doing it right! Every kid and every family is different in their learning ability!
- You can find legal requirements of your State here!
- You will not screw up your kids!
- You need to teach them what they need to know! Some kids learn tradition ways, some kids want it all based around their latest interests!
- It is up to you on them having enough to keep them busy! Some kids are into packed days, others are not.
- Yep, most homeschool days for people take 2-3 hours for the main part and then that leaves the rest of the day for whatever. Take away recess, breaks, etc. from public school and they really only school about 3 hours a day.
- Supplements are up to you! If you find a good core curriculum that is enough for your child, then great. If you want to add more, feel free to do so!
Again, the benefit of homeschooling is to make it work for you!!!